Dholera Greenfield Airport Project To Be Named In July 2017
₹3,300-cr project will be spread over 4,000 acres.
The work on the Dholera international airport is on in full swing and by a developer would be appointed for its construction by July 2017, said Alkesh Sharma, CEO and MD, Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation.
The greenfield airport project is expected to cost about ₹3,300 crore and it will be spread over 4,000 acres.
In an exclusive interview to BusinessLine, Sharma said consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers Pvt Ltd, which had been appointed transaction advisor, will study the two Detail Project Reports (DPR)prepared. Both DPRs have reported different passenger traffic projections, which would be analysed by PwC.
The DPR, carried out by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), has projected a passenger traffic of 2 million by 2023 (the first year of operation) and 16 million in 10 years. The Airports Authority of India predicts a figure of half a million in the first year of operations, which would climb to 6.9 million over a ten-year period, he said.
He said that along with revenue from passenger movement, non-airline earnings will also be a big component of the proposed airport’s total revenue. Additional revenue for the airport will come from commercial services and hotels situated around the airport.
Sharma said the Gujarat government also possessed another 6,000 acres in the vicinity, which could be developed for Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facilities. The airport, MRO and the manufacturing facilities of Dholera could create an Aerotropolis: an area having infrastructure and commercial activity centred around the airport.
He added that a new airport is also being planned at Bhiwadi, which is a part of the Khushkhera Bhiwadi Neemrana Investment Region in Rajasthan. The AAI is already conducting the DPR and it will be submitted by January 2017.
(This article originally published on September 28, 2016 in Thehindubusinessline.com)
- 100 MW Project to come up at Dholera Solar Park in Gujarat: EPC Tender Announced ,
- 500 Acres Aviation Hub Shaping Up: Here is Why It is the Right Time to Buy Property in Dholera ,
- Interest in Real Estate is Soaring High as Families Stay at Home During Lockdown ,
- July 2020 (2)
- June 2020 (1)
- May 2020 (2)
- April 2020 (1)
- March 2020 (1)
- February 2020 (1)
- January 2020 (2)
- December 2019 (1)
- November 2019 (2)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (2)
- May 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (3)
- January 2019 (1)
- December 2018 (1)
- November 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (2)
- August 2018 (3)
- July 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (3)
- April 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (2)
- January 2018 (2)
- December 2017 (2)
- December 2016 (2)
- November 2016 (2)
- October 2016 (2)
- September 2016 (2)
- August 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (3)
- May 2016 (2)
- April 2016 (6)
- 100 MW Project to come up at Dholera Solar Park in Gujarat: EPC Tender Announced
- 500 Acres Aviation Hub Shaping Up: Here is Why It is the Right Time to Buy Property in Dholera
- Is This The Right Time to Buy a House in India? Here is Your Answer
- Interest in Real Estate is Soaring High as Families Stay at Home During Lockdown
- Invest Today in Real Estate to Get High Returns In Less Than 2 to 3 Years