L&T to Construct 10 MLD Sewage Treatment Plant in DMIC Dholera
Work is expected to begin soon on a Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) with a processing capacity of 10 Million Liters per Day (MLD) in the proposed Dholera Smart City of the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) with the contract awarded to construction group L and T.
The Dholera Industrial City Development Limited (DICDL) has awarded the work to L&T on Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) basis, with a proposal to build 10 MLD with two streams of 5 MLD each in the current phase of development. The STP will be expandable up to 30 MLD to cater to future requirements of Dholera City.
It will be constructed and commissioned in three modules and will have state-of-the-art infrastructure including Sewage Treatment Plant, Sewage Pumping Stations (Intermediate/Terminal) and Master Balancing Reservoir- Recycled Water.
The total proposed project area for Dholera is approximately 920 sq. km and it is a major node of the DMIC strategically located near the industrial cities of Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat and Bhavnagar.
Since the entire trunk infrastructure cannot be implemented in a one go, a phased approach has been adopted for Dholera and an Activation Area of 22.5 sq. km has been identified for development in the first stage.
Sustainability is at the core of the Dholera city design and it is targeting zero waste discharge with 100% recycling and maximum usage of recycled water.
The STP, a key component of the Phase I trunk infrastructure development in Dholera, will set new benchmarks for other projects in terms of sustainability and ensure a clean, habitable environment for industrial, residential and commercial activities in the city.
(This article originally published on October 4, 2016 in Business-standard.com)
- Invest Today in Real Estate to Get High Returns In Less Than 2 to 3 Years ,
- 4 Reasons Why Investing in Real Estate is Best Thing to Do During Coronavirus Lockdown ,
- Entities in the Tata Group Collaborate to Boost the Electric Vehicle (EV) Ecosystem ,
- May 2020 (1)
- April 2020 (1)
- March 2020 (1)
- February 2020 (1)
- January 2020 (2)
- December 2019 (1)
- November 2019 (2)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (2)
- May 2019 (1)
- February 2019 (3)
- January 2019 (1)
- December 2018 (1)
- November 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (2)
- August 2018 (3)
- July 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (3)
- April 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (2)
- January 2018 (2)
- December 2017 (2)
- December 2016 (2)
- November 2016 (2)
- October 2016 (2)
- September 2016 (2)
- August 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (3)
- May 2016 (2)
- April 2016 (6)
- Invest Today in Real Estate to Get High Returns In Less Than 2 to 3 Years
- 4 Reasons Why Investing in Real Estate is Best Thing to Do During Coronavirus Lockdown
- Entities in the Tata Group Collaborate to Boost the Electric Vehicle (EV) Ecosystem
- Plot or Flat — Which One Is Better For You?
- 4 Things You Should Consider When Purchasing an Office Space